ARC REVIEW: Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis

Sunday, June 26, 2016















Choose the one guy you can’t have . . .
As captain of a San Francisco Bay tour boat, Pru can handle rough seas—the hard part is life on dry land. Pru loves her new apartment and her neighbors; problem is, she’s in danger of stumbling into love with Mr. Right for Anybody But Her.
Fall for him—hard . . .

Pub owner Finn O’Riley is six-foot-plus of hard-working hottie who always makes time for his friends. When Pru becomes one of them, she discovers how amazing it feels to be on the receiving end of that deep green gaze. But when a freak accident involving darts (don’t ask) leads to shirtless first aid, things rush way past the friend zone. Fast.
And then tell him the truth.
Pru only wants Finn to be happy; it’s what she wishes for at the historic fountain that’s supposed to grant her heart’s desire. But wanting him for herself is a different story—because Pru’s been keeping a secret that could change everything. . . .

https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Little-Lies-Heartbreaker-Novel-ebook/dp/B0166JZYHW?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0166JZYHW&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=x_gr_w_bb&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20


 






So if you know me well, you'll know that I'm not a contemporary kinda girl, or even a beach or summer read kind of reader. But its Jill Shalvis, and I've only heard good things about this author and I can confirm that they are all true! I swear I'm not fibbing, I was in stitches for the most part while reading this book, the tongue in cheek humor flowed so well and it just got better and better.

I love stories like this, set in a small towns where the author takes the time to introduce the reader to key characters while still focusing on the romance between the main characters. I might be a little premature for saying this since its my first Jill Shalvis book, but the author did a great job in engaging me and keeping me interested in what I would have deemed a not my kinda book.

"Everything, I want to give you everything, Pru."


Pru's character is full of spunk and wholesomeness even though she's hiding a painful past. I loved how she just went after Finn, even when he wasn't being very receptive. She elected herself as his very own Fun Whisperer. Finn's character just had this immovable strength, he was the perfect match for Pru. A hot, broody alpha male, just my kinda guy.

His fingers on her jaw slid over her lower lip. "You're the self proclaimed Fun Whisperer," he said. "You're the one preaching about getting out there and living life. So why are you all talk and no go, Pru? What am I missing?"

"Tell me what you're afraid of," he said.


I really felt for Pru and Finn but mostly Pru. She'd been through so much, and lost so much. Her guilt was just heartbreaking. I didn't expect as much steam as I actually ending up getting from this book. Sweetly sexy scenes that had me very bothered. I love it when the couple has to fight to be together and while the conflicts where quickly resolved making this a low angst read I was definitely satisfied. Sign me up, I'm ready for Willa's book!

ARC kindly provided by publisher via Edelweiss in return for an honest review

1 comment:

  1. If you would like an alternative to casually picking up girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you would rather have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to view this short video to find out a weird little secret that might get you your own harem of beautiful women just 24 hours from now:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts