ARC REVIEW: The Untamed Earl by Valerie Bowman

Sunday, May 01, 2016














AN INDECENT PROPOSAL

Lady Alexandra Hobbs, the daughter of the Duke of Huntley, has intended to marry Lord Owen Monroe since she first glimpsed him from the window of her bedchamber, back when she was just a girl. But the duke has already chosen Alex's infamously spoiled elder sister, Lavinia, for Owen. And now there's no turning back.

Owen has spent most of his bachelor years drinking, gambling, and skirt-chasing. He won't see another pound from his parents, however, until he's engaged to Lavinia. Desperate, he accepts an offer from her innocent and spirited--and absolutely beautiful--sister Alex: She will
turn him into a perfectly tamed suitor, and show him how to woo the shrew. But when Alex's true motives come to light, will their bargain lead to recriminations--or to a romance that defies everyone's expectations?


http://www.amazon.com/Untamed-Earl-Valerie-Bowman/dp/1250072581/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462061210&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=the+untame+earl


 


4.5 Delightful Stars!

What a delightful book! This is my first book by Valerie Bowman but it will definitely not be my last, The Untamed Earl is the fifth book in the Playful Brides series. I have so much catching up to do and I'm so excited to read about the other brides!

This is Alexandra and Owen's book, Alex recently had her coming out ball but although she's been introduced to the ton she can't marry until her older sister, Lavinia has been married off. But don't worry Alex already has her eye on the infamous Lord Owen Monroe and as soon as she's able, will marry him and live blissfully ever after. Imagine her dismay when she eavesdrops on her parents while they are planning Lavinia and Owen's betrothal!

One of the accomplishments, Alex would like to achieve:
"Marry my true love. Must be handsome, dashing, witty, kind, true and honorable. Name to be determined later."


What ensues Alex's diabolical plan which includes thwarting Lord Owen's attempts at courting Lavinia and ensuring that Lord Owen finally notices her therefore falling hopelessly in love with her!

I feel like shouting "Another!" like Thor lol. Alex stole the show to be quite honest, I've decided I'm adding her to my list of funny, intelligent and sweet heroines!
*walks off to make list*

Owen enlisted the help of Alex in winning over Lavinia, but I'm sure he never expected her to tell him exactly what wouldn't make her fall in love with him! I was in stitches!

"I'd ask you to dance, but I have a feeling you'd say no."
"You're correct, my lord." Lavinia replied.
"Would you care for a rock?"
"Lavinia gave him a look that clearly indicated he might have lost his mind.


Alex was shameless in her pursuit of Owen, and rightfully since Owen needed quite the nudge to realise his feelings. Lavinia was an absolute ogre, oh my goodness I can't even begin to explain what a terrible person she was. And while reading I'd thought perhaps she could redeem herself in another book but I'm not sure I want her to!

I also loved "The Playful Brides" who took Alex under their wing! Cass, Lucy and Jane were so entertaining and were one of the reasons I decided to read the rest of this series!

I'd definitely recommend The Untamed Earl to anyone looking for a light, playful and funny historical romance!

ARC kindly provided by publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts