Arc Review Thin Lies by Bethany-Kris

Thursday, April 28, 2016










Calisto Donati

She was just a woman. That’s what Calisto wanted to tell himself; that’s what he wanted to believe. Emma was nothing more than a woman. There were other women for him to want. To obsess over. It couldn’t be Emma Sorrento. Not for Calisto. She was taken.
She was claimed. She was not his. In a few days, Calisto would hand her off, and that would be that. He wondered why it wouldn’t be that easy to let her go. What good had saving her done? He had simply taken her from one monster to give her to another.
Emma Sorrento Emma slid on her mask. All someone would need to do was look close enough to see what was really beneath the sheer falseness of her smile. At the other end of the table, Emma found her lies staring her right in the face. He smirked. And winked. Calisto Donati was her worst mistake, her greatest shame, and the one thing she still wanted more than anything. Emma could still feel him all over her, long after his touch and kiss was gone. In thirty days, her entire world had changed—he had changed her. Emma had a feeling that if she played another game with Calisto, she would surely lose. She had already lost once. Wasn’t it enough? WARNING: The first two books in the Donati Bloodlines Trilogy end on a cliffhanger, and are not considered safe romance.

Pre-order





“DUTY was the first word a mafioso principessa learned growing up. Be good to the family. Bring them no shame. Smile for the crowd. And when the time comes, do your duty.”


What an amazing ride! This story grabbed my attention from the very first page and I couldn't put it down! The story was so interesting and the characters fantastic that I felt like I was a part of the story! Whatever they felt I felt it too. Thin Lies is about betrayal, lies, secrets and suspense. What I loved more about this story is that while I was reading I had my own theories about how this story would continue but nothing happened as I thought it would and this made me loved it even more. It surprised me! Emma and Calisto are two strong and interesting characters. Their sexual tension and their passion is off the charts.. And their attraction was irresistible! Seriously these two were something else!!


"It was bad, but it had to be good.

He knew it was wrong.
It still felt right."


Bethany Kris is a nice surprise for me, her stories are unique and the writing amazing. So far whatever I have read from her was very good and always makes me want for more! The ending left me with a need for the second book I don't know how this story will continue! But I'm now more eager to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts