NEW REVIEW: Lucky Penny by Catherine Anderson

Saturday, March 26, 2016












From the author of Perfect Timing, Cheyenne Amber, and other beloved bestsellers...

To support her orphaned niece, impoverished Brianna O'Keefe accepts work with a Colorado rancher. To guard herself from unwanted attention, she resorts to a harmless little lie: that she's married to a Denver gold miner named David Paxton.

But when her "husband" shows up, Brianna is stunned--not the least by her desire...





http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GSYZ3O/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005GSYZ3O&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2


 




5+ SHAMROCK STARS

Don't judge me, lol!
This book was so sweet, so cute, so heartwarming. Notice that I added "so" in front of all the adjectives. Because if you're looking for a heartwarming love story, this is it with side a of absolutely adorable.

This story consumed me, I normally give stories like this wide berth because heartwarming romance isn't really my thing. But I do have a weakness for secret babies, or a couple brought together by a child. I went in completely blind with this one, all I new was that the heroine had a child and a pretend husband who wasn't so pretend after all.

Brianna and her daughter Daphne have hit an all time low. After being let go from her previous live in job, Brianna has been forced to do all manner of hard labour for menial wage just so that she can feed her daughter. Most days she doesn't have enough food for the both of them just Daphne and on the days where they have absolutely no food she'd had to dig in the garbage. She's been sending letters to her fictitious husband for the past few years, all this so that she and her daughter could live a respectable and safe life but she also did it so that Daphne would never feel unloved by the father she never knew.

When David, a Marshall in a town called No Name receives a bag of letters sent by a wife and daughter he has no recollection of, his plans to marry the town school teacher are put on hold. At first he feels sad for the little girl who only wants a new dress and a visit from her Papa, he sends money knowing that he has never married and he mostly definitely does not have a daughter. But a niggling doubt forces him to take the trip to visit his supposed family

I meant for this to be a short review so I'll be brief. Yes this was a romance but it was also a love story because I loved the relationship that David and Daphne had. It was so adorable, Sam the freaking dog was so sweet and the bloody horses too! Uuurgh this book was a decadent slice of chocolate mousse cake in my opinion. David was so protective of Daphne and Brianna. He's the sweetest and most endearing alpha male I have ever read! Brianna was probably the most obstinate and frigid heroine I've ever read but I still loved her!

Yes it was predictable at times and sugary sweet throughout but I couldn't help but be pulled in by the characters. It's just one of those awesomely told stories that might not be anything new but great writing and amazing characters sold this one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts