REVIEW: Breaking Love by B.B. Reid

Sunday, November 29, 2015





She’s the girl who got away, but now she’s back…

Four years was all it took.
I told myself I didn’t need friends. I didn’t need family. I sure as fuck didn’t need him.
And you know what?

I was right.He had been inside of me, coursing through my veins.So I cut and bled Dash Chambers until I was free.

But the day I returned to Six Forks and was thrown at his feet, I realized I would never forget how it felt to have every inch of him inside me.
...and he’s waiting.


Angel thought if she ran far enough, she’d be free.

What’s mine will always be mine.

This time I do things my way.



* * *

DISCLAIMER: While Breaking Love isn’t dark, the first of the series contains sensitive themes many people aren't able to swallow. 




I enjoyed Dash and Willow's book way more than I did, Keenan and Sheldon's even though I gave this one 4 stars! Once again B.B Reid has written a gripping read! I inhaled this book, I can't even begin to try to explain my love for this series! It's book crack, plain and simple. Yes the situations are unbelievable and yes it's completely over the top and filled with angst and drama but that's why I love it so much! Unlike the previous books this one leans more towards romantic suspense, the other books had much more darker elements.


Willow has been gone for four years, there's been no communication between her and her friends. They don't know where she is and they don't even know if she's okay, until she's thrown from a moving car the day of Keenan and Sheldon's wedding.


Obviously there's a lot of animosity and angst. Dash is resentful of how she just left, Lake lost her best friend without even a warning and well Keiran and Keenan support the women they love. I think Sheldon was the most accepting of them. Things have changed and when I say changed I mean HOLY FREAKING ULCER INDUCING CHANGE. Dash is engaged to a bitch faced witch and I didn't know if I could trust anything Willow said. Bear in mind the story is told in dual POV but Willow was so indecisive that I didn't know where the story would take me!

A threat from the past rears it's ugly head (see what I did there?)and it's difficult trying to figure out Willow's role in the entire thing. The chemistry between Willow and Dash was off the charts and I mean BANGIN'! Dash took to being an Alpha Male like a duck to water and I absolutely loved it! Of course Keiran did not disappoint, sorry guys but Keiran will always be the one for me!


I obviously had a couple of issues hence the 4 star rating.
First and foremost: That last bit, and if you read the book you know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry but that was uncalled for! And I'm not talking about the cliffy because that was delicious, I'm talking about when we though everything had gone to SHIT!


Oh that's it! Nothing else, I just could have done without it. If you haven't read this series, give it a go. Keep your logic at the door and pour a liberal amount of "suspend that belief" all over your brain while you're at it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts