Arc review Epic Sins by Trudy Stiles

Monday, November 09, 2015

What happens when a rock star meets his match? Epic Sins is another gut-wrenching story by Trudy Stiles. This is a STANDALONE novel. 

Garrett Armstrong, the lead guitarist of Epic Fail, womanizer and not so nice guy, leaves a trail of women in his wake. A recent one-night stand wreaks havoc, and turns his present completely upside down. He’s faced with a reality that he never expected. Never wanted. 

Samantha Weston can’t escape the black cloud that follows her. She suffered an unspeakable loss as a teenager and has been climbing uphill ever since. As soon as her life starts to become manageable she’s slammed with another tragic event, forcing her to abandon the only thing in life that she cherishes. A heartbreaking situation throws this unlikely pair together. They’re forced to face things that seem impossible. Can Sam get past the demons that haunt her? Can Garrett accept a fate he swore to avoid at all costs? 
Can they conquer the sins that are poised to destroy them or will they become an Epic Fail? 
Epic Sins is the first book of the Epic Fail series, a spinoff STANDALONE of The Forever Family series. 
Reading The Forever Family series is not required as these are all spin-off/standalone novels, but it may enhance your experience. 


Amazon: http://amzn.to/1XIFDEk
iBooks: http://apple.co/1PfgNJj
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1OhoAI5
Kobo: http://bit.ly/20lpg30







4 STARS


"Love will find you at a time and place when you least expect it."
I liked this story a lot. Nothing I expected though... It was very emotional and seemed so real. It may be so because, from what I've read in author's message at the end, she wrote about something she went through herself. And I'm telling you, your hearts will break for little Kai.

I don't want to reveal too much and spoil the book. Let's just say, we have Garrett (rock star playboy, hook up kind of guy) and we have Sam (a neonatal nurse with a tragic past). Certain, unexpected events throw them in each other lives and this is where the relationship starts.

I liked the slow build up, I liked how Garrett changed through out the book, I liked how he matured. The story is well written, past and present is perfectly intertwined to gradually reveal the whole story and come together in the end. I admit I figured the twist pretty early but still enjoyed waiting for it to explode.

And though I might have a tiny little problem with how the whole thing was handled by Sam, I kind of get why she freaked out. I just wish she didn't take that long to come to her senses and I kind of needed some grovelling on her side. But overall, it is a beautiful, emotional and bittersweet story, with one additional little character that will steal your hearts. And as I mentioned the build up is slow but the book is not, it is well paced, what makes for a very fast reading. I enjoyed it, I hope you will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts