Review: Bang Bang by Rachel Van Dyken

Sunday, October 04, 2015

He was my best friend. 
Until he became my enemy. 
All within the span of one night. 

Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang. 

The rapid fire of gunshots became the soundtrack to my life. 

This is the Mafia. Lines are blurred. Choices are never black and white. And the life you thought you knew is... one giant lie. 

He was dead. 
And I didn't want his life to be in vain, so I tried to make something of myself. I tried and failed. 

Now he's back. Alive. And he wants something... 

Me. 


Nobody ever said the mafia played fair. 
Welcome to The Family. 

4 STARS!!!



I definitely missed Rachel Van Dyken’s Elite series. It’s like Mafia romance on crack and a red bull IV. Imagine this: A bunch of ridiculously young guys, who basically own the mafia and other very cool things… oh and the girls they love. I absolutely love this series and one of the main reasons is that doesn’t matter how long I take to read each book, when I get started I just can’t stop. Unlike the other Mafia romances I’ve read, Rachel Van Dyken takes a much more light hearted and humorous angle on the whole Mafia world. Mind you, some very intense and messed up stuff happens but it just basically glides right of your back because it’s just so much fun!


“You’re afraid of the unknown, stop trying to figure everything out just trust me.”

“Trust?” I repeated. “The mafia?”

“Yeah.”

“You’re insane.”

“Or just brilliant.”

“I choose insane.”

I’m not sure why Bang Bang, isn’t list as part of the Elite Series because it definitely is. If you haven’t read the other books you’ll be meeting the most important couples of the Elite in this book. This is Amy and Axtons book, Axton is Sergio’s younger brother. I really hope Sergio get his own book very soon by the way. Axton and Amy were neighbours when they were still teenagers but when Axton and Sergio’s cover was blown they were forced apart partly to keep Amy safe and partly because they were from rivaling Mafia families. So you have a friends to lovers romance and then you also have a star crossed love.

“Fight it all you want, but there us no chance in hell I’m letting you go. Ever. You run, I chase. You cry. I fix. You fight. I take the punches. Try your damndest to push me away, try me, Ames. I wouldn’t blame you if you did, but it would sure save a hell of a lot of energy if you just gave in.”


They finally get a chance to reunite when Axton is ordered to bring her back to Chicago. There’s some angst because when Axton left, Amy was put into the foster care system and lets just say her life has not been a walk in the park. There story was cute, Axton was just pure alpha male and you know I love that stuff so yes I really enjoyed this one. I do wish it had been longer and my only complaint is sometimes I feel like Rachel’s characters don’t have sexual organs, I mean the most you get is breast lol! But other than that it was sweetly sex and I can’t wait to carry on reading this series.


“Thanks… for coming… even though it was a false alarm.”

“I’ll always come,” I vowed. “I swear.”

“I’ll keep that in mind next time I want you to run in my direction-screaming works.”

A grin spread over my face and I winked. “Just make sure it’s my name and we won’t have any problems.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts