Guest reviewer Mysza: A Beautiful Kind Of Love by Ellie Wade

Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Every choice has a consequence. 

I believe in soul mates. Why? Because I have one and his name is Jax Porter. 
I have known Jax my whole life and I have loved him with every breath I’ve ever taken. The fact that we were born a mere month apart to mothers that are best friends has made us inseparable since birth. 
What we have is so rare, one would think our story would be written, our fate sealed. But, unfortunately that’s not how life works. Life offers us many choices that can turn destiny into chance. 
I now find myself heading toward a destination that I could have never imagined and I have to figure out where to go from here. 
Will the choices that have been made change our path forever or will fate find its way? 
***Intended for readers 18+ due to sexual content. 
 

BUY LINKS:

 Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1ILnnFo








 5 STARS

"Every choice you make in this life has a consequence, and regardless of what you choose... you need to be prepared for the effect it will have on your life."


This a story about Jax and Lily, who has known each other forever, raised practically together, they are best friends since birth. They are inseparable, but never cross that friendship line, that is until the day of Lily's prom, when they share their first kiss. Since being together was inevitable, they turn from friends to lovers, and I loved how that transition was made. Their romantic relationship was beautiful, thanks to the fact that they were true friends long before.

Life goes on and Jax is off to college, while Lily stays to attend community one, they keep long distance relationship and are still happy. When Lily is ready to go off to college to study photography, she doesn't choose the one that Jax attends, though he begs her to. She wants to find herself, to become independent, to be strong without Jax.
Was that a bad decision? Yes and no.
Jax is overwhelmed by the amount of responsibilities he has, football, classes, his father's expectations, it all becomes too much. He feels like he can't give Lily his full attention and decides to go back to being just friends, until the time he will be able to put her first again.
Was that a bad decision? Yes and no.

And every decision has consequences. After that point in the book, they make a lot of them, wrong ones too. That's where the shit goes down. And while I understood their decisions, though they pissed me off to no end, I couldn't understand why they didn't tell each other everything, why they didn't share the reasons behind those decisions. But I guess we wouldn't have a story if the mistakes weren't made, would we?
"You should have told me all of this. You should have been clearer. You should have let me in. It's too late, Jax. Don't you see that?"
"It's not too late. It will never be too late for us. We all have choices to make, Lily. Sometimes, we don't. But you have a choice."


I know, how I like to say a lot that I like this trope in a book, and this one and that one, what can I say? I love a lot of them in my romances. What I love the most though is when a book makes me feel, and it doesn't matter whether these are happy or sad or angry emotions, I just want to feel. And damn, this book delivered. It will make you smile and it will make you want to throat punch someone, it will make you swoon and it will make you want to throw your kindle against the wall. And in the end it will leave you emotionally exhausted. But it hurts oh so good!

So, if you want your blood pressure increased, if you want the book to bring out emotions, if you are an angst junkie like me, DO READ THIS BOOK, you won't regret. Highly recommended!



Thank God, book 2 comes out in two weeks time, because I might go crazy with wanting to know what happens next. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I refuse to believe they won't have their HEA, I trust the author though, I am just curious how their story will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts