Pavlina's review : Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward

Monday, February 16, 2015

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER AND #1 in ROMANCE 

You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you. When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be. I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here. I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room. But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him.
At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. But things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night. 
Then, just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California. It had been years since I’d seen Elec. When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again.And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane. I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again. Stepbrother Dearest is a standalone novel. 


**Contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+ 


Buy links:



PAVLINA'S REVIEW



4,5 STARS

"I've been ready since the day I walked in the door,took one look at you and realized I was fucked."


This was an absolutely fantastic read. I loved the way this story developed, progressing the characters love story from teenagers and then seven years later as adults. I fell more and more in love with this couple with each and every page. Their story is sweet, funny, hot and very intense.

description



When we first meet Greta and Elec, they are 17 years old and are forced to live together because Elec's father married Greta's mother. Elec comes to live with them for a period of time. He wasn't very lovable in the beginning, he was rude, cocky and mean to Greta. Elec tries to resist his feelings for Greta, but as they begin to spend more time together, he finds himself unable to deny their attraction. Just as Elec finally makes his move, something happens that forces Elec to leave sooner than planned, and they both say goodbye forever. Seven years later, tragedy strikes and these two meet again. Are their feelings for one another still strong? How will things end for these two?

description


I absolutely loved these two characters. They felt so real to me and Greta just so loveable! She has strong feelings for Elec and she knew that underneath his cockiness there was a sweet guy. Elec intrigued me from the first moment I meet him and I just knew that there was more in him. He is smart, hot, funny and so protective over Greta. He made a great book boyfriend! Ms. Ward definitely knows how to write hot sex scenes! They was hot, passionate and intense!!

description


This book is written in two parts. The first part was good as they are teens but the second was even better as adults. I experienced so many feelings while I was reading it. The story was told from Greta's POV but we get a glimpse into Elec's head and his POV. The epilogue was one of the best parts of the book and it made me love Elec even more!! I haven't read a taboo book before so I was worried that these two coming together would make me feel uncomfortable but the fact is I loved the story and all their hurdles and wasn’t uncomfortable at all.

"I fucking love you too.I don't think I realized how much until I saw you again."

This story had everything I would want in a book and much more. I highly recommend friends meeting Elec and Greta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts