Christine's ARC Review: Dark Needs by T.M. Frazier

Sunday, February 15, 2015
"A revenge kill is the best kind of kill. 
But a revenge kill for your family, with your woman's permission? 
That's borderline erotic." - Jake, The Dark Light of Day. 

Jake has come back home to Abby after violently disposing of the man who almost destroyed his family. With blood literally still on his hands, the only thing on Jake's mind is making up for lost time with the woman he loves. 

Dark Needs is a companion novella to The Dark Light of Day.















REVIEW


4 STARS!




The only thing with a stronger pull than the monstrous need to take the life of another was the the pull of Abigail Ford.

She didn't need to show me that I was capable of love. She was the one who made me capable of love.
Of loving her.
Of loving Georgia.
The need for Abby was stronger than my need for anything else.
I loved her.
I still love her.
I will always fucking love.


Now let's take a moment of silence after that quote because if you've read The Dark Light of Day then your feels are probably all over the place. Speaking of The Dark Light of Day, Dark Needs is the novella that follows right after the events that happened in the first book. So quite frankly if you've read the first book and loved it then you'll want to read this one too.

Dark Needs, is told from Jake's POV, and is about their life following his return and the vengeance he sought for what Owen had done to Abby. Kudos to the author because I thought this book was necessary, it gave a more complete ending to Abby and Jake's story if that makes sense. Jake loves Abby more than ever and having his daughter in his life has allowed to him forget about his darker cravings. There a threats to their happiness, but Jake is determined to never let anything or anyone come between him and his family.


Our love had no rules.

What I did to Owen made me realize that there was a reason I was put on this planet exactly how I was, how I am.
To protect my family.


I'm not going to go into much more detail because this is a novella and a short one at that. I will say that if you enjoyed the first book then this novella is a must, I'm repeating myself. There's also an awesome surprise at the end of the book!

ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review

GET IT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts