Review: Filthy 2 by Megan D Martin ~ Reviewed by Christine

Monday, September 01, 2014
SYNOPSIS

Faye Turner’s nose itches for another bump of cocaine and her body burns for the man she can’t have—Rhett Hale, her step-brother. He is completely different than the guy she fell for four years ago—the guy who turned her down. Now he’s a clean cut stranger with eyes that burn with a constant war of lust and hate. 

But he isn’t the only one with eyes for Faye. 

Someone else is back from her old life… And Faye finds herself falling further into the past she tried to forget.

***Filthy is a dark erotic serial novel that will release in six monthly segments of around 50 pages each. This book is not for those who like a traditional heroine. Faye and Rhett's story is dark, complicated, and twisted with themes that are not acceptable to all readers. Read at your own risk.***





BUY LINK


4 Stars!



I'm quite serious, that was some seriously effed up stuff. So Filthy 2 picks up right where Filthy 1 left off. It Faye's mother's funeral and this is where she sees, Taylor again. Her step father and the man who made her life hell for 7 years. Faye, is still hiding some pretty deep and dark secrets, and it seems as if the only other person who knew, took them to her grave. With Faye's return come some pretty painful memories of her childhood, or rather the childhood she lost.


I was broken, a destroyed hunk of flesh with a heart that kept beating. I was meant to be here with Rhett.
I was meant to be bent over those truck seats, to be fucked and used by strangers. That was my destiny. It didn't have to be pretty to be true.


In Filthy 1 we're introduced to a tough as nails heroine, who won't take shit from anyone. In Filthy 2, don't get me wrong she's still pretty badass, but because we get insight on her past. Her character's weaknesses are exposed which allowed me to see her for what she really was. A nineteen year old girl, who's innocence was taken from her at a very young age.

Some really effed up stuff happened in this book, where my mouth was literally hanging open in disgust. Being inside Faye's head as she remembered and relived when she was only nine years old, wanting acceptance and needing to be loved was pretty gut wrenching. And then having to read about how a person could abuse that trust...


She was a stranger. And I wished I could leave her there in that bathroom with the blood and the drugs, with the cock that was sliding out of her. But I couldn't.
She was my stranger. My demon. Me.



Seriously the villain in this series is mental and had me gagging at times. I really enjoyed this follow up to the first book and look forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts