Guest Review ~ Brandi: Losing Me Finding You by Natalie Ward

Wednesday, August 27, 2014
SYNOPSIS

When I wake up on this day, I’m in a different city, with a different life and no memory of the lives I had before this one. Today is the tenth time this has happened to me. The tenth time I’ve had to figure out where the hell I am. The tenth time I’ve had to try and work out who the hell I am. This is the tenth alteration of the person I am. Each of us has had different lives, different backgrounds and different families. But there’s always been one constant. 

Him. 

He’s the reason I keep doing this. He’s the reason I spend four years searching. If I’m lucky, I’ll get the trigger and find him quickly and we can spend those four years together before I disappear again. If I’m not, we might get a year, a month or even just a day. Once we got nothing, but that was a choice. 

And every time it happens, he patiently waits for me. He says that every time I come back to him, it’s like falling in love with me all over again. I say that every time I come back, I fall even more in love with him than before. 


It scares me that one day I won't be able to find him at all, because when that day comes, I'm not sure I'll want to keep going. He is my strength, my protector, my one and only constant. 



I love him. 
He loves me. 
But every four years, I lose myself. 
And every four years, I have to find him. 
This is our story.

BUY LINKS



4 Stars!


“I’ll be here waiting for you,” he says, his eyes never leaving mine. “You just have to come find me.”



description


I really enjoyed this unconventional love story, it's very different with a touch of fantasy. Every four years, Evie wakes up with a new life, in a house with people she doesn't remember. She meets Ben when she is 4 years old.



“When I go, Ben, I don’t remember anything. I don’t remember my previous life or any of the things about it. I wake up the next day, knowing something is different, that this isn’t the life I had the day before, but I don’t remember how or why.”



Evie and Ben become best friends, but when her 8th birthday comes, once again she wakes up with a new life. But, somehow through it all, Evie always manages to find her way back to Ben.



“I have been in love with you since I was six years old, Evie. You are my best friend, the love of my life, and the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me.”



Their love story is unique and incredibly sweet, I adored Evie and Ben. Although there are many unanswered questions, I really enjoyed this emotional journey.



“I’d wait forever for you, you know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts