Review: Nero by Sarah Brianne

Saturday, July 12, 2014
SYNOPSIS

Nero is the king of Legacy Prep, living a life of power.

Elle is the school’s punching bag, living a life of fear.
The only good girls Nero knows jump in his bed when he tells them to.
The closest Elle has come to a bad boy like him is in the cafeteria line.
The mob boss gave him orders to find out what she knows.
Her mouth is sealed.

I just want to be a fu**ing made man.
I’m just a fu**ing waitress.















BUY LINKS
REVIEW

4 FREAKING CRAZY STARS

A RECIPE FOR A CRAZY TEENAGE ROMANCE


INGREDIENTS
1x Tortured, self sacrificing and helpless heroine
1x Arrogant, manwhore and possessive type hero
1x Shy and loyal wallflower, who is also best friend to the heroine
2x Loyal, hot mates for the hero
1x Bitch of a nemesis for the heroine
A haggle of robotic blonde drones who follow the nemesis around.
Common sense (optional)



Every once in a while, I stumble upon these "little gems of crazy" and this is one such book. And by that I mean, I absolutely love the book despite how ludicrous it is!

Elle, is a scholarship student at Legacy Prep High, she's in her last year and can't wait to leave her own personal hell. She and her friend, Chloe are bullied five days a week. Elle, always tries to deflect attention to herself instead of Chloe (who has facial scars), which means she gets the harshest of the bullying. She is literally beaten up, called names, terrorised and all manner of horrific things. The teachers turn a blind eye, and even the cafeteria stuff have a go at her.

That's until she spies a murder one day after work, and suddenly Nero Caruso sets his sights on her. Nero, is son to a mob boss, and his father has instructed him to watch Elle. How much did she see, and will she go to the authorities? Nero, predictably starts falling for her, where one girl was not enough, now only Elle will do.

What follows is a world wind romance, Nero is Elle's knight in shining armour. She's no longer bullied, Nero, makes sure anyone who tries to hurt her is seen to, mostly by using his fists. The story is quite predictable but highly entertaining.

I did have a few issues, for instance the author would switch from first person to third person. It didn't happen often but it was obvious, the other thing was that some sentences sounded incredibly weird while reading, but this never really bothers me since English isn't my native tongue. But with all these issues I can't bring myself give this book a lower rating, I enjoyed it way too much!

Finally thanks to Zaria, I raid your shelves quite frequently and would have never read this book if I hadn't seen your review :D

And to the author, please make the next book about Lucca! I loved Nero but when Lucca came into the picture I was a gonner!


1 comment:

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts