Push by Claire Wallis

Thursday, May 08, 2014
Push (Push, #1) 



★★★★☆ 4.5 'Outta control circus freak' Stars!



BUY LINKS:
AMAZON
Barnes & Noble

Intense. Riveting. Captivating. Sexy. Suspenseful. Fascinating. Disturbing. And shocking.


Those are just a few words to sum up this mind-blowing read. A few hours after having finished it, I am still reeling from the emotions that went through me while reading this story. It's been a long time since my heart has beaten so fast while reading an epilogue and I already know this story will stay with me for a long time.

If you've read the blurb of the story, you know that this book is about Emma Searfoss, a 22 year old girl with a broken past who's ready to start a new life with a new job and a new place to live. Shortly after moving into her new appartment, she meets her upstairs neighbor David, a 26 year old carpenter who's taken on the assignment to remodel her kitchen. The more time he spends in her kitchen, the more they get to know each other and gradually their initial attraction turns into an intense relationship. David makes her feel safe and cared for and he's the first person to ever stand up for her.

"I guess we are pretty great together. For a couple of fucked-up creeps, anyway."

Telling much more about the story would spoil your reading experience. And this is the kind of story that you best go in without too much side information. Just step on the crazy, exhilarating roller coaster that is Emma and David's story and let it take you on a ride that is bound to leave you reeling. I loved Emma and David together; their easy banter, their text messages and the unusual bond that forms between them. They each have their own brand of crazy but they somehow compliment each other perfectly.



The author's refreshing writing style, the suspense, the romance, the highly original plot line and the fascinating characters turned this into an unforgettable read for me. I sympathized with Emma and admired her strength after everything she's been through with her messed up family and throughout the story I fell for David. His sweet, protective gestures almost made me forget about his six past girlfriends who have all gone missing and whose POV's we all get throughout the story. Reading their POV's gave me much more insight about David and his past and made me understand his motives even better.

Now for the ending...


I should warn you, there's a HUGE cliffhanger, but the prologue already gives you an idea of where the end of the story will take you. It's the kind of cliffhanger that makes you want to get your hands on the next book right away and I already know I'll be counting down the days until its release... Still, if you're tempted to read this book, just give it a try and don't let the cliffy scare you away! It'll only make you want the sequel even more.

"You already know that I am the raven, Emma. We both are."



"I hope the cyclone never stops."
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts