Reviving Izabel by J.A. Redmerski

Sunday, March 30, 2014



★★★★★ 5 stars!

"Maybe you should get rid of me." I whisper onto his lips.
"Never," he says, kissing me once softly. "You're mine for as long as you breathe."



**This review might contain spoilers for those who haven't read book one,Killing Sarai, yet.**




Whew, what a thrilling, all-consuming, fascinating and utterly entertaining ride this was! I already loved the previous book in this series and it doesn't happen often that the sequel rivals or even outshines the prequel but in this case that's exactly what happened. Told from a dual POV, this sequel is even more riveting, exciting and unputdownable and it made me an even bigger fan of author J.A. Redmerski.

Reviving Izabel picks up eight months after everything that transpired at the end of book one. Sarai is trying to build up a normal, violent-less life but when she's once again confronted with Arthur Hamburg she decides to take matters into her own hands and she hunts him down. When circumstances bring Victor back into her life though, she realizes how much she still needs his help and when he decides to help her, their feelings start to reignite.

"The largest part of me, the flawed human part, wants her with me and I'll stop at nothing to make sure that it works."


There is never a dull moment in the lives of Sarai Cohen and Victor Faust, that's for sure. The entire book kept me on the edge of my seat and the way the book evolved was never predictable or uneventful.


Sarai is a unique, very likable heroine with an incredibly strong, tough as nails personality. Throughout the story she evolves from an innocent, naive victim to a fervent, determined killer. She still has a lot to learn but she's willing to do whatever it takes to become a worthy partner to Victor. Victor on the other hand is still the same old ruthless assassin with an impenetrable wall around his heart. Except when it comes to Sarai. Together they're the perfect match.
"Sarai and I kill for different reasons, we are driven by very different needs, but in the end we are both killers and I know that will never change. We can't come back from that, and most who kill more than once, don't want to."

All in all, this book had the perfect build up, interesting character development and an even better ending. This series and the characters in it will definitely stay with me forever and I can't wait to read more about the fascinatingly dark side-character Fredrik (and hopefully a little more Victor and Sarai).



"Staying one step ahead of death, it is our way of life. It is my way of life, and I believe it was always meant to be this way. But as strange as it may seem, I feel perfectly safe in the company of killers.


BUY LINKS:
AMAZON
Barnes&Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts