Blood Torn by Lindsay J. Pryor

Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Blood Torn (Blackthorn, #3)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




"If our actions in grief define us, Jask, we're all f*cked. No one reacts rationally to loss."

Angst. Forbidden love. Betrayal. Action. This is what I got when I read Blood Torn. Unlike it's predecessors, Blood Torn focused more on world building and bringing together the Blackthorn Saga. Don't get me wrong, this was very much Jask and Sophia's story, but a lot was brought forward. Book 2, Blood Roses left us with an open ending, there were loose ties, which are addressed in Blood Torn.





"If our actions in grief define us, Jask, we're all f*cked. No one reacts rationally to loss."

Angst. Forbidden love. Betrayal. Action. This is what I got when I read Blood Torn. Unlike it's predecessors, Blood Torn focused more on world building and bringing together the Blackthorn Saga. Don't get me wrong, this was very much Jask and Sophia's story, but a lot was brought forward. Book 2, Blood Roses left us with an open ending, there were loose ties, which are addressed in Blood Torn.

Characters
Sophia:
Sophia is a very strong female lead, she's independent and refuses to bow down to any man let alone a vampire. I'd be lying if I told you she was easy to like because she wasn't LOL! She was infuriating, she was prejudiced, and she was unwavering when it came to her beliefs. To date, she is probably the most headstrong heroine I had ever read about. But like everything else, there is more to her story. Her past and experiences helped her build a huge barrier, so she wouldn't have to get hurt...

Her relationship with Jask was a constant tug of war, and with two strong leads, the angst was palpable but so was the sexual tension.

He stepped up to her. "Because you're petulant, irritating, hard to handle, impulsive, naive. All of the above - and still I want to be with you. Because no one else makes me feel more like myself. No one makes me feel more alive."

Jask:
Jask is the leader of his pack, he was strong, ruthless and would do anything for the survival of his pack. But he was also a man with secrets, painful secrets from his past that hindered him from falling in love and being happy. Did I mention the angst in this book? He's determined to use Sophia, she will help him prevent his pack from dying whether or not she want's to.

He's unwilling to venture into any type of relationship with another of his kind, let alone a weak and obstinate human.

Analysis:
This book was intense, the first half is filled with plenty of information about Blackthorn. Immaculate world building, I see this dystopian civilisation, but at times I did feel overwhelmed. I do feel like some of the information could have been introduced in previous book to prevent this.

The second half read like a dream, fast paced, action and exciting revelations! I love reading books with a dark and creepy atmosphere, and this series fits the bill! With the teaser at the end of the book, I can't wait to read Blood Deep! The author brings a fresh take on otherworld beings!


Buy Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts