Chasing Wishes by Nadia Simonenko

Thursday, February 20, 2014
Chasing Wishes

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book is far from what I expected, it was sweet but also quite sad, the prejudice that young Nina and older Irene had to deal with was a constant through out the book. And even when no one around said anything, it still reverberated in Nina's thoughts. Nina and Isaac's love was very young and quite fleeting... I felt like we barely got time to connect with them, therefore I couldn't understand the feelings they had, I guess I wasn't convinced, but be that as it may they never forgot each other.


Now this book goes back and forth in time, past and present. And I struggled with that, it was halting and threw me. I couldn't get into it, also I the pace was rather slow and there were moments that it should have picked up but it kept the same steady pace, which took away any intensity or depth that I was suppose to feel.



Final Thoughts

Chasing Wishes is an NA novel but reads like a YA, which is not a bad thing but it made it difficult for me to connect with the characters. It's also not a light read, but because of the YA feel it wasn't as intense or dare I say as "dark" as it could have been. It was sweet and well.. heartwarming in the end, which is what I always want, I thrive on HEA.


ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review


Add to your TBR:



Buy links: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts