Bad Things by R.K. Lilley

Monday, January 13, 2014
Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
♥ 5 STARS. ♥



OH.MY.GOD.

I absolutely LOVED this book! After having devoured the Up In the Air-series, I was already a fan of author R.K. Lilley, but now I just became an even bigger one. Seriously, if you have not read this book yet, read it ASAP! I assure you, you won't regret it. This book had all the ingredients for it to be an absolute MUST READ.

I loved Danika's sarcasm and feisty character, Tristan's sexy bad boy-attitude, their playful banter and let's not forget, the "off the charts" HOT sex scenes, including a certain scene on the hood of a car...

"I am going to fuck you hard on the hood of this car in the pouring rain. And. You. Are. Not. Going. To. Forget. It."




THE STORY

Danika has not led an easy life so far. Having been through a dramatic youth and being estranged from her only family members left, she's become an expert at keeping people at a distance. At the age of twenty one, she feels like she has finally found her place in life. She works her way through college by working as a nanny for a family who has become a huge aspect of her life. She has a few close friends and enough chores to keep her busy throughout the week. 

Her life isn't perfect but it's peaceful and in control and that's exactly the way she likes it. In the past, Danika has always fallen for the bad boys who left her feeling heartbroken and empty inside. So, she has decided to stay single for a while and to stay clear any tempting bad boys. But then she meets Tristan Vega, the ultimate bad boy. The moment she meets him, she knows he's trouble with a capital T. And yet, with his irresistible charms, she can't seem to stay away from him.

"He smiled his best smile, the one that ruined me for every other smile in the world."

Tristan is the perfect charmer; he's sweet, playful and little bit arrogant. Aside from being a club promotor in Vegas, he's also the lead singer of an upcoming band and has women lining up to get a slice of his attention. All in all, he's the ultimate player. Which is why Danika has decided nothing can ever happen between them. Danika is the kind of girl who only ever has serious relationships while Tristan is the opposite, he has nothing but casual hook-ups. 

But Tristan and Danika become fast friends, best friends even, who trust each other no matter what. They're comfortable around each other and for the first time, in a long time, Danika, who has always been a control freak, starts to enjoy the little things in life. 

"For the first time in my life I trusted someone enough to take that control from me, I gave him that control willingly, and that trust healed something raw and aching deep inside of me."

Tristan shows Danika that it's okay to have fun every once in a while. He takes her out, and together they start partying almost every night. But, the more time they spend together, the closer they become and the more the sexual tension grows between them. They even make up a list of rules to follow so they won't tempt each other to cross the line of their friendship. But after a while, the inevitable happens and when they *finally* become more than just friends, they both know there's no turning back.

**

"Danika, sweetheart?"

"Yes, Tristan."

"I'm done being sweet, if you don't mind. I need to fuck you really hard now, if that's okay."

**



"I know what you taste like. I know how it feels to have you come against my tongue. What it feels like to have you clench around my cock when you lose your fucking mind. And you, you've tasted me. I've shoved my cock so deep down your throat I felt your tonsils, Danika. Are we going to forget all of that? 

I've had my mouth all over you, my hands...my teeth. And your cunt has squeezed my cock so tight that my vision went blurry. Am I supposed to forget that, too?"

They both knew from the start; bad things were going to happen if they spend too much time together...

But neither of them can resist the urge of spending as much time with each other as possible. Which sometimes, as a reader, felt like witnessing a train wreck without being able to look away. They love each other and they're pretty much perfect for each other, yet, drama seems to follow them around whenever they're together. They have so much in common, but when it comes to certain matters, they're complete opposites. The question is, will their love be enough or will their differences be their undoing? Because of the beautiful moments they've shared (view spoiler).

"When it's right, like it is with us, it doesn't make your life harder, it makes it better, even when it's hard. I've never been as happy as I've been with you and I don't begin to know how to get past that."

A little warning for future readers: during the last few chapters, something happened that I did NOT see coming, something that left me emotional and heartbroken and that even made me shed a few tears.




Overall, this book was an absolute page-turner for me. Danika and Tristan's story was unique, different, powerful, funny, sexy and at times tragic, which turned out to be the perfect mixture of ingredients to keep me glued to the pages from the moment I started reading it. And although, it did not end with a cliffhanger, I'm already anxiously awaiting the next part of Tristan and Danika's crazy, wild and beautiful love story!


MY CASTING



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts