The Order by Vana V.

Friday, December 06, 2013
The Order (Saletti Blood, #1)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Order is a big book, well it is for me! When I saw that it was 472 pages on my Kobo ereader, I must admit that I felt daunted, I tend to shy away from really long books. Reason being that I don't have much time to read and I am a very slow reader (yes I am).

So I'll be honest and say that the first 25% of the book was a bit slow to start, I'm all about the action! But after the that the book sucked me in and I was hooked. The Order had all my favourite ingredients:
1. Drama
2. Intrigue
3. Suspense
4. Romance
5. Violence

Now all these make for a great read in my opinion!

Characters:

Heroine

Novella Lachlan is a level headed young woman, she's the one who is always looking out for her twin sister Ayana. Not that she has much of a choice, their step-mother Hannah couldn't care less what happens to them. And this is proven when she leaves them without a backward glance, left in a foreign country with a stepfather who has shown them more love than their mother ever has they aren't sure what to do.

On one hand they know their mother will send for them and force them to live with her in Miami. But on the other hand, Ayana has fallen in love with Italian policeman, Massimo, and she refuses to leave him.

Novella being the level headed girl she is decides to obey her mother when she sends for her and against her better judgement leaves Italy for Miami. But on her arrival everything changes, when she meets and is exposed to the depravity of a Paladio, a man who was locked away and tortured in prison.


Hero

Vincenzo is the first born son to the Capo di tutti Capi (boss of bosses) he's next in line to rule the family business when he's ailing father passes. A man with a broken past, he doesn't let it bleed in to his role as leader while his father lays on his death bed. He's been closed off and impenetrable until he meets Novella in Germany, he can't seem to get her out of his mind. They finally meet again but under tragic circumstances.


Villain

Imprisoned for 3 years and tortured by a mad man, it's no wonder Paladio is the way he is. I'll be honest and tell you that at first I did have a girl boner for Paladio, his character seemed to be my text book version of the brooding, tortured and broken Alpha male. But those feelings were gone as quickly as they came, Padalio is a sick and crazy human being. That means a lot coming from me because I have a very high tolerance when it it comes to depravity.

He actually broke my heart because I had such high hopes for him in the beginning.

My Thoughts
You might ask yourself if I enjoyed this book so much, then why not five stars?
Please remember that this is my opinion and that I only speak for myself.

Firstly, the book does need editing as there were some typo's and grammatical error's, this is understandable as this is a long book and some error's can go unnoticed in the editing process.
Secondly, I found some scenes too descriptive. I think maybe this is why I found the first 25% a bit slow.
And that's it, that's why I didn't give this book 5 stars

Final Thoughts
This is better said in GIFS:







THE END

1 comment:

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts