Alive by Megan D. Martin

Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Alive (Crave, #1)





My rating: 4 of 5 stars




The Crave
Ever since The Crave hit humanity, Eve's life changed. Her priorities are different, gone are the times where her biggest problem was fitting in at school.


That all pales in comparison when you have zombies trying to eat you, her priorities are:
1. Staying alive
2. Finding her sister

Until one day, she forgets why she's fought to stay alive for so long and decides that it isn't worth it anymore, that giving up would be the easiest thing to do.



Enter Gage
He hasn't seen another human being in years, and when he sees Eve he won't allow her to end her life.

Imagine their surprise when they see each other again. For Eve he's the boy who broke her heart and for Gage she's the girl he never forgot.


I really enjoyed Alive, it's an angsty love story that takes place against a post apocalyptic backdrop. The book doesn't just focus on the zombie aspect but rather Gage and Eve's struggle to finally let go and love each other with the added challenge of trying to survive in a world filled with the living dead.

Th book appealed to be because it's obviously New Adult and I do love NA. The story is original, bold and fresh and I actually enjoyed how the author didn't shy away from certain issues.

As someone who normal avoid angst I would say that this book had quite a big dose of it! I think that was my only problem, I normally don't handle angst very well LOL!

And finally I was quite surprised by the ending and how my feelings had changed towards a certain character (view spoiler) All in all Alive is a engaging read, and I would highly recommend it to someone looking for a light dystopian romance!

ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts