Sunday guest reviewer Rosalinda My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Life Next Door

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




My Life Next Door tells us the story of Samantha, a girl who practically has spent her 17 years watching The Garrets. All the time

The Garrets are her neighbors next door and Sam’s mother hates them because they remind her of her ex- in laws. They are a huge family, very noisy and carefree, they are happy. And even though Sam’s mom told her to never ever have contact with them she can’t help but stare at them all the time.

And one night while she’s spying them, Jase comes to “rescue her”.


”Hey, need rescuing?”



From that moment, they can’t stay apart. They always have an excuse to see each other and that’s how Samantha is introduced to that crazy family called The Garrets. I cannot name them all but let me say George was my favourite.


“Is Jase already gonna marry you?”

I start coughing again. “Uh, No. No, George. I’m only seventeen.” As if that’s the only reason we’re not engaged.

“I’m this many.” George holds up four, slightly grubby fingers. “But Jase is seventeen and a half. You could. Then you could live in here with him. And have a big family.”

Jase strides back into the room, of course, midway through this proposition. “George. Beat it. Discovery Channel is on.”

George backs out of the room but not before saying, “His bed’s really comfortable. And he never pees in it.”


So they start a beautiful friendship that ends up involving love feelings but they don’t want to take things quick so they remain friends... for a while.

Sam’s best friend Nan also plays an important role in this story (view spoiler) and her brother Tim. He was one of my fave characters and I would have love to see him and (view spoiler) together. Tim doesn’t have an easy life but he was a good example for a lot of young guys that are totally lost and don’t know what to do with their lifes.

Sam’s mom was… AGH! I don’t even have words, not to mention her boyfriend and all that happened (view spoiler)
But I guess Jase made it up for me big time because he was PERFECT! I have ZERO complains about him.


”I guess I like things that take time and attention. More worthwhile that way”


And yeah… I have a tiny complain. Where the hell is (view spoiler)

All in all, this was a very well written sweet summer story that will take you back to your younger years. A story that will make you dream and believe that everything is possible in this world if you find your Jase.


 Thank you Rosalinda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts