Nearly Broken by Devon Ashley review

Saturday, October 05, 2013
Nearly Broken (Nearly, #1)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Frankly I don't know how to write this review without giving away the entire story. So here goes...


This is a book about Megan, someone who has been through a horrifying course of events. We are introduced to her when she has just escaped her prison, she's broken and doesn't let anyone get close to her. When Nick is hired at the diner she works at, she feels drawn to him. She feels comfortable around a man. Something that quite frankly never happens. Nick sees how broken and scared Megan is and he relentlessly begins to break down the walls she has built around herself.


Their relationship is not an easy one, but it is filled with moments that are sweet and at times heart-breaking. Secrets are revealed and nothing is as it seems.


The last part of this book did a complete number on me. It was mind-fcuk after mind-fcuk. Frankly it was quite disturbing, the detail in which some of the scenes where written seduced me into wanting to know what would happen next but at the same time it was horrifying. This book is not for the faint of heart. I seriously don't know how I'm supposed to feel about the character that was introduced in the last part of this book. All I'll say is there is a story there, I may be wrong but still...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts