His Dark Ways by Naomi Canale review

Thursday, October 03, 2013
His Dark Ways


4.5 LEAVE THOSE DOORS CLOSED STARS

How do I even begin to review this book without giving the entire plot away???

This is not a romance story, it's a story about love. I guess it doesn't really matter what you believe when you start reading this book, the rules are still the same. There are some things that are best left alone, no matter how intrigued you are, the consequences are never worth it...

This is Savanna's story


And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Savanna is a small town girl with uptown dreams. She's also a pastor's daughter and that fact seems to be the bane of her existence. She acts out by dabbling in things her parents would never approve of, she and her friends Lucky and Amy visit an empty hotel one night. Their lives are never the same.

Savanna has a close call with death, but a mysterious boy, Daniel saves her life. Daniel, the ghost of a soldier seems to become stronger the longer he's around Savanna. And Savanna finds that she can't bare to be without him. Savanna believes she's found love for the first time, he makes her feel emotions she thought she never had. For the first time she wants to look pretty for someone, and she does everything she can to keep him in her life, but what will it cost her?


For the longest time I stumbled through these shadows, thinking I just need to find the after life, but all I found were monsters and I was positive I was cursed until I saw you-touched you.

Daniel is the boy she falls in love with. He exudes a deep sadness, he seems to want to protect Savanna. His face lights up whenever he sees her, and he is just as enamoured as she is. He's gentle with her, considerate, he isn't like the other boys her age. But then why would he be? He's a ghost, trying to find the afterlife.

My Thoughts
This book absolutely intrigued and mesmerized me from the very beginning! When I started reading it, I thought perhaps it was YA with a bit of dark thrown in, but I was so wrong! This book is creepy, eery and it catches you unawares, you'll think you have it all figured out until the the tables turn and the book turns down an even darker road. It has some elements of Gothic horror. This wasn't a long book, the pace was steady but I had so many WTF moments, I can't even explain it to you.

I don't scare easily, but I was definitely creeped out. I will definitely be reading more books from this author!

ARC kindly provided by author in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts