The Dark Light of Day review and interview

Wednesday, September 25, 2013




5 DARK CAPTIVATING STARS!!



"I fell asleep that night in the arms of a killer.I'd never slept better."

"We were just us.Broken and bruised.Fucked up and messy.And together we were everything we never thought we could be."

Wow this book definitely become one of my favorites!!It is so intense!! The story of Abbey and Jake is different and captivating!! This book explores a darker side of humanity...it will captivate you!!I couldn't put it down!! 

 The Dark Light of Day is about Abby's and Jake's life...two souls that have lived through hellish childhoods ..



Abby is  17 year old.. had already been through a lot...her parents abused her... and she had never known what it was like to be hugged or kissed or even loved by anyone... Barely surviving her painful past, and now losing her Nan, the first person to actually care for her.. she starts to give up on life until she meet Jake...who gives her something to live for... 

 Jake seems to come into Abby’s life right when she needs him the most....But he has his own problem too..

"We're all a little damaged Bee.Some of us more than others."

his past mold him to become a killer for hire...In Jake, Abby finally found someone who will protect her. For the first time in her life, the person who is supposed to love her doesn't want to hurt and abuse her...

I loved Jake and Abby's relationship. I loved seeing Jake pushing her over and over to open up, and how he refuses to let her push him away. I loved that how he got close to Abby was by revealing things about himself. The way they got to know each other was beautiful.



Abby was so broken and even though she was closed off you could still see that she was strong and didn't take shit from anybody.
I loved  Jake so much!!He is a badass killer who rides a bike but he loves Abby so much that he would literally do anything for her...and I agree with him in the book  no matter how wrong it may be..... .


I absolutely loved this book because it was so different from anything else I have read. I never thought I would fall in love with these  characters, but they captured my heart!!




About this author










T.M. (Tracey Marie) Frazier resides in sunny Southwest Florida with her husband and three feisty fur kids.

She attended Florida Gulf Coast University where she specialized in public speaking.

After years working in real estate and new home construction, she decided it was finally time to stop pushing her dreams to the back burner and pursue writing seriously.

In the third grade she wrote her very first story about a lost hamster. It earned rave reviews from both her teacher and her parents.

It only took her twenty years to start the next one.

The Dark Light of Day is her debut novel.

Determined not to wait another twenty years, T.M. is hard at work on her second book.

It will not be about hamsters
.

We interview the author and here is her answers!!

A big thank you to Pavlina for hosting me on her blog today!


1 What inspired you to write The Dark Light of Day?
This is a really hard one.  I started with an image of Abby in my head.  A girl who is an outcast.  I wanted her story to be about falling in love with a guy equally as broken as she is and about them not necessarily fixing each other, but coming to terms with the fact that they were both broken and dark, and accepting that within one another.  The first line of the song, Hell on an Angel by Brantley Gilbert, inspired me to write Jakes character.  I think about it as his song.  

2 Are the events experiences of someone you know or they just imaginary?
The town of Coral Pines is a mixture of two towns where I live.  Cape Coral and Pine Island.  The actual events are all fiction. All of the people are pure fiction.  I've never been through half the stuff that Abby has, but I like to think she has some of my attitude. ; ) 



3  What was the hardest part of writing your book?
As I was writing I would second guess myself a lot.  "Is this too dark? Too violent? Will people understand Jake & Abby? What will people who know me think of me for writing this?" Finally, I just had to write it my way and pretend that no one else would ever read it. It was much easier after that.  



4 Can you tell us about your current projects?
I have an idea that keeps morphing into something else, so I don't know a title or even what it will end up being about 100% just yet.  I do know that it will have the same tone as The Dark Light of Day.  Dark fiction is where I am most comfortable.  I hope to have it done by the end of the year and out early next year.   


5 Where they can find you?

Twitter: @TM_Frazier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts