The bronze horseman

Wednesday, August 07, 2013
5 stars



No matter what I write for this book it won't be enough. The bronze horseman is definitely a unique book. Tatiana's and Alexander's love story will take you into an emotional rollercoaster but I dont think that you will regret what you read,at least I didn’t.
“A bus came. The soldier turned away from her and walked toward it. Tatiana watched him. Even his walk was from another world; the step was too sure, the stride too long, yet somehow it all seemed right, looked right, felt right. It was like stumbling on a book you thought you had lost. Ah, yes, there it is.”


This is how their love story begins.

Tatiana is a 17 year old Russian girl who has the misfortune to experience war. Along with war she also meets her only love , Alexander. He is the soldier who steals her heart from the first minute that she lays her eyes on him. Their love is skinny , innocent and strong. 
The first book takes us to the beginning of the war and when they meet each other. We get to know how these two heroes will outlive the destructive and heartless war. It's very emotional to know how people were trying to survive during a blockade. I was never bored with the details ( ex their bread rations) on the contrary I was curious to know more. It was amazing and heartbreaking. War is difficult but when you have a reason to live you can survive everything.

“Love is,” she repeated slowly, looking only at Dasha, “when he is hungry and you feed him. Love is knowing when he is hungry” 
Aside all the difficulties they manage to survive , even if that means that they have to separate their lives.


In the second book we read how these two young people will try to find the happiness that they both deserve so much. In the past they had been sabotaged but now nothing can stand against their love. People have to accept that they are meant for each other. Tatia always belonged to Alexander and he always belonged to her. All the lies that were told in the first book will stop now. Apart from some tensed moments , the beginning is really smooth and so swoon worthy. I want to quote all their conversations. The way they love each other will tear you apart. I swear I dont think I have ever read a stronger love story than this one. All the other stories sound lame in comparison to this book. 
These two will fight everything and everyone to be together. They will even change each other’s fate in order to be together. Tania will always be his guardian angel , she will always save him.
“I saved you for me.”


"I can't breathe" (..) "Open your mouth" she wispered leaning into his mouth "I'll breathe for you."




Whatever I write about this book won't be enough. I want to say more but I'll stop here. The truth is that I'm such a slow reader and it took me a while to finish it but I never regret reading it. It's a heartwarming book that will take you over the moon. You will swoon , cry and even laugh with Tatia's jokes. I only warn you that there is an evil cliffhanger. I hate it!WHY??? I cant read the second book right away , I need a break but I'll definitely read it. I want to know the rest of the story. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Read More Sleep Less Blog
Template by These Paper Hearts